Norwood Historical Society was established on May 2, 1978 to
promote the study and preservation of the history of Norwood,
? ? ?
The current mission statement is to collect, preserve,
exhibit, interpret, publish and educate about the history of
This web site is part of that effort.
|According to the United
States Geological Survey, Norwood has the following
geographical location: Latitude 39.1556149, Longitude
The sections on this site are:
- HOME -
go to top of this page
- information directly related to the Norwood Historical
Society, e.g., Society events and news, an event calendar, etc.
- short bios and facts of some of Norwood's people referenced on
this site and links to other Norwood people pages
- lists and histories of some of the many companies (and
churches, clubs and other organizations) that have made Norwood
? photographs and descriptions of some of Norwood's historic
buildings and links to pages about other Norwood buildings,
- a list and history of Norwood's streets
- information on the omnibuses, street cars, buses, railroads,
etc. that are a part of Norwood's history and development
- BOOKS -
The complete text of the 1894 book "Norwood, Her Homes and
Her People", the 1896 Norwood Directory, excerpts from
other books and a list of resource documents.
- "clippings," related to Norwood, from newspapers,
books and other documents.
- DATES -
- historic facts about Norwood's government
- links and information about the history of Norwood schools
- ODDS & ENDS
- miscellaneous information about Norwood ? mainly links to
various Norwood related pages on and off this site
To get the site available as soon as possible, it is basically what was on the old free rootsweb/ancestry site.
Changes, corrections and improvements will be made in the coming months.
Note that some links may not work at this time as the site is being changed.
If you have any corrections or additions to anything on this site, your assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Send comments and suggestions to