The children mention on the program.
The following information is based on research of historical documents, but there may be errors.
If any errors are found, please contact us with the correct information.
Grades A, B, C, E, F, G and H may correspond to the current 7th-1st grades, respectively. This indicates that the students
listed would have graduated from high school in the years 1892-1898 (if they continued their education that far). Note that prior
to 1892, there was no high school classes offered and students had to go to Cincinnati for high school education. In 1892, the
first two years of high school were offered in Norwood. It has been written that in
1895, the first regular four-year high school course was begun at the Marion Street School (North Norwood).
The first Norwood high school graduating class was in 1899, one year after the youngest member
participating in the 1887 closing ceremony would have graduated from high school.
- Harry Hegner - 7 year old son of Fred (31) and Lizzie (28) Hegner. Fred was a liquor dealer in 1880.
- Clara Landwehr - 8 year old (b'day in June) daughter of Herman (30) amd Emma (27) Landwehr. Herman was a salesman in 1880.
- Ida Hagemyer -
- Helen Langdon - 9 year old daughter of M. (46) and M. E. (35) Langdon. The father was employed as a railroad agent in 1880.
- Matilda "Tillie" Sanker - 7 or 8 year old daughter of Henry (44) and Mary (37) Sanker. Henry's occupation was cattle dealer in 1880.
- Blanche F. Bolles - 12 year old daughter of Lemuel (64) and Sarah B. (51) Bolles. Mr. Bolles was a bookkeeper in 1880;
Mrs. Bolles was the person to suggest the name "Norwood" for a new subdivision in 1869. Mr. Bolles was one of three school board
members at this time.
- Willie Gale - may have been 8 year old son of John (39) and Sophia (32) Gale. John was a farmer in Harrison Twp. in 1880.
Another John P. Gale was 25 and living in Columbia Township with his parents in 1880. But no children were listed at that time.
- Jessie Kohlmyer - Almost 10 year old (9y 11m) daughter of Henry (47) and Lizzie (41) Kohlmeyer. Henry was a store clerk in 1880.
He was an agent and solicitor in 1900.
- Clara Cordes - 15 year old daughter of Henry (49) and Sophia (47) Cordes. Mr. Cordes was a cattle dealer in 1880 and lived in Oakley.
Or ... the 12 year old daughter of Louis (48), a dairyman, and Louisa (47) Cordes of St. Bernard in 1880.
- Effie Crowther - Effie A. was the 13 year old daughter of George (60) & Margaret (51) Crowther. Mr. Crowther was a jewelry engraver in 1880.
- Katie Davis -
- Eva Williams -
- Adna Brown -
- Fred. McQueety -
- George Straus -
- Laura Kable -
- William Meyer -
- Maggie Cordes -
- Tudie Dresser -
- Gertie Moore -
- Gertrude Thompson -
- Minnie Zimmerman -
- Anna Simpkinson -
- Mamie Schulte -
- Willie Richter -
- Lydia Meyer -
- Mabel Stacey -
- Harry Davis -
- Howard Williams -
- Flora Everhardt -
- Laura Simpkinson -
- Lottie Failor -
- Clara Sleight -
- Bart. Campbell -
- George Harris -
- George Russell -
- Charles Riley -
- Charles Zoller -
- Harry Franklin -
- Albert Morgan -
- John Sanker -
- Walter Fromlet -
- Ernest Myers -
- Fred. Stratemyer -
- Eddie Hall -
- Haworth Ringgold -
- George Stacey -