From the book Cincinnati & Vicinity, 1898,
Brown, The Cincinnati League:
"Norwood was originally called Sharpsburg, and is an incorporated village of about 5,000 population. It is a beautiful residence suburb, with many handsome homes, good streets, numerous churches and splendid schools. It has a town hall, electric light plant, and waterworks. It lies northeast of Fountain Square about 6 miles, and may be reached by the Norwood line of cars from Fountain Square, by the Cincinnati, Lebanon & Northern from Court Street Depot, or by the Baltimore & Ohio Southwestern Railway from Central Station."