Zumbiel Box Company.
The Zumbiel Company was located at the old Boss Washing Machine Company site, 2339 Harris Avenue. It has specialized in the manufacture of folding and set-up boxes.
Although it was started much earlier, the business was not incorporated in Ohio until December 21, 1929.
In 1951, the company had office and factory building additions built at the Harris Avenue location. The office building was a 2-½ story brick building, and the factory was 3-story building. The structures added over 581,000 cubic feet to the old facility.
In the 1970's, Zumbiel constructed a warehouse over the abandoned section of Pine Avenue and the long-gone water works plant site. The company also has parking lots on the north side of Harris Avenue, across from the facility.
In 2004, the Canora Corporation merged into The C. W. Zumbiel Company.
In 2007, the company sold its Cleneay Avenue site to Xavier University, and moved those operations to a new manufacturing facility in northern Kentucky. The Harris Avenue factory and offices later moved, also.