On August 10, 1888, the West Norwood Volunteer Fire Company dedicated their new fire engine to Mayor McNeill. The following clipping from the Cincinnati Daily Enquirer describes the celebration on the evening of August 11, 1892. Less than two years later on March 6, 1894, the engine and the fire house were destroyed by fire.
August 11, 1892:
"The fire laddies of the West Norwood Volunteer Company have received the new Button pump engine and reel. The engine has been named the McNeill, and Mayor Aaron McNeil, appreciating the complement, was on hand at the christening last evening, a jolly amd generous guest of the company."